Faux Fu

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Into the Mystic

'Beautifully mad,' and not afraid of the mystery. I feel that I must maintain my course. The motto: 'don't be denied.' We had another sell-out show last night for 'Free Henry Goodbar, Telepath.' The feedback from the audience afterwards was all over the map. Some people just 'go' with it, some are confused, I guess, I don't make it easy, but I'm suprised that others don't see the connections in the world that I see.

My method is simple: if I connect disparate things, people, ideas; I trust that there is a connection, and that others can connect them too. I'm not trying to be incomprehensible, but I do want to capture the strangeness, the mysteriousness of the world. So I throw all these ideas out there, mix them up, create a new stew. This makes the work interesting to me, suprises me, and I trust that others can make the leap too. Some can, some can't. So goes the world.

Blog Archive