Faux Fu

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Days of Strangelove

Back to Brooklyn. The flight was smooth, Paula and I discussed Shakespeare, she had just seen the 'Merry Wives of Windsor,' and I have been stuck in a Shakespeare kick. Time passed quickly, we were in New York before we knew it.

This place is familiar. I picked the restaurant; Philip (the client) , Paula and I (the three of us, a new version of the Mod Squad) had a nice meal and a long comfortable conversation. Business and pleasure all mixed together in a gumbo-like stew. Afterwards, Philip dropped us back at the hotel, Paula went to her room to work on the presentation, I went back to Court street. I browsed a bookstore and bought Bob Dylan's autobiography, 'Chronicles.' 63 years old, finally Bobby is gonna tell us what happened from inside the 'hurricane.'

Back to my room I watched a little bit of a PBS program, 'Rise of the Vulcans,' Cheney, Rumsfield, Powell, Wolfowitz, these guys have been hanging around since Nixon's days. Tough, secretive, authoritative, anti-democratic, a depiction of the concentration of power in the hands of a few, making decisions that have consequences for us all. American Power Unbound.

Blog Archive