Faux Fu

Friday, May 14, 2004

Head is spinning with the crazy swirl of events in places distant and near. Are major paradigm shifts coming?

A wired world brings overload. How to find peace. Swallow, incorporate, everything? 'The other' is confronting us all. The fear is everywhere. Fear of who we are, who we are not. There's a strange madness a'foot in the world. Here, from my little portal, I see an insatiable 'needing, wanting, grasping' like a black cloud, hovering over everyone (me too). Greed and envy seem to be pervasive. What if everything we know is wrong? How hard is it to change a mind?

I don't want to disappear into false mystery, but it seems like mystery is a mad wisdom. If I accept the limits of my own intelligence, will that lead to a simple, uncomplicated grace? How about a complicated grace? What do I embrace? Mystery, love, beauty. What do I endure? Pain, suffering, evil. What is a life? To embrace, to endure?

There is the world, then, what I think of it, also, what I feel about it. Three things which all need to be reconciled, or maybe not. I need to mark the outlines of each. Is there truth somewhere between the lines?

Blog Archive