Faux Fu

Monday, September 26, 2022

It Takes A Long Time to Make a New Monkey...

This post from Kevin Drum totally resonates with me. He is reviewing a book about Economics that I definitely won't be reading. But then he explains why we shouldn't be too surprised or disappointed when Human Beings fail so often at being BETER HUMANS. The simple explanation? We are Clever, Tricky, Monkeys with Lots of Shiny Toys!

Generalities. 

Maybe if a generality is stretched as far as it can go, you can get to some Universal Truth? Not sure. But, I think much of my world-view matches up with Kevin's so, you know, this pretty much rings true to me...


Yep. We Human Beings seem to forget we are glorified Monkeys. We want to pretend we are above and separate from NATURE and our natural, primitive heritage, but it's takes a long time and many many villages to make a new Monkey. We are still just getting started.

Blog Archive