Faux Fu

Monday, September 12, 2022

Buckets of Rain...

Sometimes it really is all about the weather. Yesterday it was "buckets and buckets" of rain. I mean it was truly Biblical. I was sort of waiting to see if Charlton Heston would show up in his Moses garb. I was in a large, expensive mansion on the lake. All windows in every direction. So I observed the rain-fall in maximum vivid detail. Pretty happy to be dry, safe and sound. The lake was rocking. The trees and grasses were deep-green and drenched. The usually busy lakefront path was deserted. It was like all the humans had vanished from the face of the earth ( or at least this patch) for the day. A cold front moved in. Everything transformed. I listened to records (The Stones, Led Zeppelin, Dylan, Willie Nelson, Mogwai, The Who) all day. And hung out with my little furry friend. We ventured out a couple times, huddled under a massive, black umbrella. That was quite the day, no doubt. Buckets. Buckets of cold, hard rain.

Blog Archive