Faux Fu

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Distinguished Gent of the Manor...

Sure. Everything is bigger, plusher, cushier, better-made, more substantial, more textured, more impressive when you are luxuriating in the lap of luxury (see previous post).  Is there anything better than being filthy rich in this over-stuffed, fully-saturated capitalistic empire? Probably not.

But, you know, the sunrise here is pretty much like the sunrise in my humble flat. The brisk morning air in my lungs is basically the same. The Love Buzz coffee brew does it's magic just the same too. Yes, I am drinking out of a beautiful Mexican-made coffee mug, which looks like a work art, but, still the experience of drinking and the energizing aftermath is pretty much the same as when I am sipping brew in my own kitchen. My swimming head is swimming just the same.

A million thoughts in my head this morning, feeling well-rested. Yes, it's true, in my guest bed, the pillows are fluffier, and the sheets a little silkier, but the thoughts that are zipping around in my head like little tiny gnats zigging, zagging, dancing are pretty much the same thoughts as most mornings. Who am I? How did I get here? Wonder what the day will bring? 

It's blue skies around here. The same sky we all dream and scheme beneath. Dreaming and scheming this morning. And I am still blasting that great Peter Gabriel recording (see yesterday's a.m. soundtrack). I am stuck with my own thoughts, my own tastes, my own worries and doubts, although, to be honest, I must say, no worries & doubts so far today. I am the the distinguished gent of the manor. Relatively happy and healthy. I am living here, but I don't pay for the upkeep, or the property taxes. That's a pretty good deal right there.

Blog Archive