Faux Fu

Friday, November 12, 2021

Influencer...

Reflective mood this a.m. 

Came across this photo. To be honest, this guy, smoking and obsessively typing into that clunky little machine opened my head in High School. Set me on a totally different trajectory. Slaughter House Five, Breakfast of Champions, Cat's Cradle, The Sirens of Titan, etc... KV Lives!

I didn't take up smoking. Turns out I enjoyed breathing freely and easily; inhaling hot smoke into my lungs just never appealed to me, but typing into a typewriter? Yes, well, that was something I really, really wanted to do, and something I spent a lot of time doing. The man opened me up to other ways of seeing the world. He also made me laugh, and think. Inspiring. Influential. 

Yes, the man's work changed my life, no doubt. Sent me reeling into a totally new spin. Still spinning, even this a.m.

The A. M. Soundtrack - "Maggot Brain" (1971) by Funkadelic. Yes. This is an appropriate complement to KV's world. Head-opening. Funny. Trippy. Super-funky. The essence of extreme cool.

Blog Archive