Faux Fu

Tuesday, October 05, 2021

Not too Plucky...

Carpe Diem: "Carpe diem, a phrase that comes from the Roman poet Horace, means literally "Pluck the day", though it's usually translated as "Seize the day." If I review my permanent record I find that the plucking and seizing hasn't always been all that fruitful.

To pluck or to be plucked

That is the question. I come from a long family line of "go-getters." Maybe more going and less getting? Not necessarily lots of financial reward, instead lots of just getting along. Long stretches of my life seem to be a concerted magic act of smoke and mirrors.

If you seize or pluck too hard, you can strangle the life out of the day. Maybe better to meet the day, live in the moment, alive, aware, awake. See what the day may bring.

Less assertion and more ascertaining...

You want to be plucky, but you don't want to over-do the plucking...

Blog Archive