Faux Fu

Monday, June 21, 2021

Stormy...

A big storm blew thru last night. Minimal damage across the Heartland. We are fine. Lightening flashing, clouds thumping, sirens screaming. I put the pillow over my head. My companion was scared out of her wits. She was watching with bated breath her little glowing oblong device, the "storm-tracker" on her iPhone. A big blob of colors, green, yellow and red, devouring everything in its path. She kept asking me in a suddenly "childish," and very shaky voice: "Should we go to the basement?" I kept replying, sleepily, dreamily: "No, I don't think we should go to the basement." We didn't go to the basement. So, you know, it  was not a restful sleep. The storm passed. Nothing damaged. We are both a bit, ragged, and sleepy this a.m. Sunny and calm. Monday.

Blog Archive