Faux Fu

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

A Life of Questions...

These are the usual questions:

Who am I?
What is my purpose?
Is there meaning in the Universe?
Is there a God?
Is there a Devil?
What's it all about?
Where do I belong?

We carry these questions with us most of our lives. If we are "smart" the questions are never answered. We keep the game open-ended. Ours is not a life of answers, but a life of questions. We pose the questions, we look around us, we discover and wonder at the world.

We seek, and probably not find. That's okay. The seeking is the adventure.

I came across a phrase a few days ago that totally resonated with me, and led me to think, "Yes, that's my Tribe!" It's funny, how many decades have I wondered: What tribe do I belong to? You know, if I had to pick a tribe. Maybe I am a member of the "Tribe of No Members." Then again, maybe I have finally answered one of the questions.This is the kind of tribe I can get behind:

"Maladjusted Creatives." 

Yes. Exactly.  

Maladjusted = "poorly or inadequately adjusted, specifically : lacking harmony with one's environment from failure to adjust one's desires to the conditions of one's life."

Creatives =  "having the ability or power to create, characterized by originality and expressiveness; one who displays productive originality: the creatives in the advertising department."

Eureka! This is it. It describes me, my friends, and all the folks I admire, respect and am influenced and inspired by. Really. I mean it.

Blog Archive