Faux Fu

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

What's More Real?

Yes...

Still thinking about that real/unreal dichotomy (see previous post).

Why does
depression
pain
suffering
death

seem MORE real than

happiness
joy
pleasure
life

?

I mean is that even true?

I don't know. My go-to mode is happiness. But, of course, my little castle, my little blue bubble of happiness, and progressive politics always seems totally under siege. 

It takes effort to be positive, optimistic, happy. 
It does help to be of a creative mind.

I think just the act of writing something down: play, poem, essay, blog post
or
painting, writing, playing & singing a song
is an act of affirmation.

Maybe some of this is just the luck of the draw: circumstance, DNA, happy or crappy childhood... you know... just basic character.

Do I choose to be happy & optimistic? Or does it choose me? What is "more real?" Is it my pain or my pleasure?

Blog Archive