Faux Fu

Monday, April 13, 2020

I Live in a World of "I Wonder..."

Painting by my Mom.
This is a painting in the "Tarot Series" from my Mom. She is amazing painter, an amazing human being and fiercely creative spirit. This is magnificent.

I have always had an affinity for "The Fool" in the Rider-Waite Tarot Deck. My life can be summed up in that card: walking obliviously, happily, basking in the sunshine, nearing a cliff, a little doggie nipping at my leg.

The Fool = "Folly, mania, extravagance, intoxication, delirium, frenzy, bewrayment." 
This morning I am feeling very "Foolish." I woke up with these words on my lips and at the tip of my consciousness...
"I wonder..."

I wonder about it all. I wonder about everything. At my best, I am always in a state of wonderment. I find it is the best way to face the day, to face myself, to face others.

I wonder what's up? I wonder what is going to happen next? I wonder... I mean, yikes! Look out for that cliff you Fool!

The a.m. soundtrack - Curtis Mayfield's "Super Fly (soundtrack)" (1972).  A tremendous record. Beautifully-realized and performed by fabulous musicians. Gorgeous, soulful, funky. "Socially conscious." Curtis' voice is slinky, smooth, sexy, a wondrous instrument. On the opening song those drums sound like gunshots. Ratt-a-Tat! Maybe working on the soundtrack was a liberation for Curtis? This is just fabulous, fine, beautiful, creative. Curtis reimagines the world. Violence & drugs = dead ends. You want to be in Curtis Mayfield's world. A better world for sure. A world of slinky, sexy vibes and grooves. A better world yes, indeed.

Blog Archive