Faux Fu

Saturday, December 14, 2019

"Rainbow Democracy!"

Sometimes it's hard to follow the thread of what's happening.

I am not afraid of people of color. I don't think "they" are gonna take over our country. I don't fear immigrants, all my friends and their friends are children of immigrants. I don't fear women, gays, young people, the "have nots." To me it is really hard to understand why some of my fellow citizens are afraid they are "losing their country." I guess they all watch Fox News, and they worry about the "invading" progressive hordes.

Of course, it's not "their country," it's "our country," a country of immigrants, a country consisting of a great, over-flowing melting pot of every race, creed, & color imaginable. Truly a "Rainbow Democracy." Walk the streets of New York, Chicago, L.A. The great, and grand experiment of a multi-cultural melting pot. A beautiful thing.

I am an "old white guy," who just doesn't understand these "old white guys" who are clinging to an old picture, clinging to a racist, xenophobic, misogynist, homophobic, world-view. They are like the old Stalinists, clinging to the days of Stalin. Hard to believe they are clinging so hard to a false, retrograde, immoral picture of reality.

What's just happened in the Judiciary Committee? Emptywheel explains: "A Diverse America Votes to Uphold the Constitution; A Largely Male White America Votes to Abrogate It."

Yes, this is easy. I throw in my lot with "diverse America." It's a wonderful place to live. We must win this battle. We must out-vote, out-work, out-hustle these "White Americans" who are willing to trash the constitution to cling to power. This is not for the faint of heart. But we must prevail. Save our beautiful dream. We can't let the voices of fear, of hate, of greed, of power for power's sake carry the day.

No man is above the law. A President is not a King. White people are not superior to anyone else. Let's  clear our heads of that retrograde idiocy. Let us welcome the Progressive future. It's a beautiful vision.

Blog Archive