Faux Fu

Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Myself is a Shaky Concept.

I observe myself. Self-reflective. It could be considered idle naval-gazing. All those famous Buddhas were known for that kind of thing. "Know thyself: is one of the Delphic maxims and was inscribed in the pronaos (forecourt) of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi according to the Greek writer Pausanias.

OK. You can't go wrong quoting "Delphic Maxims."

I think of "myself" as a shaky concept. The same eyes, dimming a bit now, the same crazy hair, thinning a bit now, the same ears, are they growing bigger now? Really, if I'm honest, I am not the same person I was earlier in my life.

I am a moving target. Walking around on spinning globe. In a slowly expanding Universe. I am the always moving river in an always moving landscape.

So knowing myself is a fungible, ever-changing concept. I think of the "uncertainty principle," Heisenberg's uncertainty is my uncertainty too. I am certain of nothing. That is a good default mode.

Let's see what's up today. Astonish me World. I am not sure who or what, or when, or how, or why... but I am up for giving it all a go.

Blog Archive