"Thou shalt not steal."
That supposedly made it onto Moses' stone tablets. People don't listen. They steal. Often. All the time. I just got my bike stolen, everyone I talk to has told me, "Yeah, I've had my bike stolen too." One friend told me he has had 3 bikes stolen in his lifetime, he finally stopped riding bikes.
I felt like a Cowboy, you know, devastated, someone stole my horse. My bike is vital. My main source of transportation, and I am always on the move. I left it outside, locked to a street sign. It's been locked there for years, standing there in snow, sleet, rain, blistering heat. But, you know, I have been slowly rebuilding that bike, new chain, new saddle, new pedals. I guess, finally that beat-up old bike started looking kind of attractive. And if you are in the need of cash, and who isn't, well, that bike was tempting, right?
Fuck. Talk about hitting someone where it hurts. The dirty, nasty secret in the bike world: No lock is steal-proof! Any lock can be picked, snapped, clipped, etc. It's all luck, right? If you have to park somewhere on the street, for any length of time, (and who doesn't?), you are risking your bike to the bike-thieves.
Yesterday, I had to walk everywhere. Every step seemed a little bit extra heavy. My wings were clipped. One step, one step, one step.
- ► 2020 (261)
- ► 2019 (364)
- These Voices...
- A Tsunami of Clusterfucks!
- Finding Connections and Meaning Between Unrelated ...
- "Fun is Not What It's Cracked Up to Be!"
- Alcohol and the Lizard Brain in All of Us!
- Frat Boys Gonna Frat...
- Consolations of Art.
- Surfers of the Vibe!
- "All White Boys Look the Same!"
- "Why Having a Conscience Can Be More Evil Than Bei...
- A Pure Power Play, By the Powerful, For the Powerful.
- Scene Study Class.
- Actually A Coprolalia Kind of Morning...
- The Alternate Boot - A Beautiful Dream.
- Caught Dead to Rights...
- You Get the Sense...
- Medicine for the Crash!
- Always Be Pedaling...
- How to Know When You Know?
- Totally In Tune With The Day!
- All These Years Later, Still Trying...
- Finally the Big Idiot in Chief Unites Us!
- The Imbecile Is So Imbecilic He Thinks He's Smart.
- "The Hilarity Phase of our National Nightmare!"
- Woodward has Tapes! Ha. Ha. Ha.
- The French and Not So French Iggy!
- Experimental-Minded Chemists!
- The Answer and the Question.
- People. They Steal!
- ▼ September (30)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)