Faux Fu

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Jesus in America Pt. 2

Holy Saturday 2017.

I'm such the poorly-trained, wayward Catholic, I didn't know what they call the "day after Good Friday." 

I had to Google it: "(Latin: Sabbatum Sanctum), the Saturday of Holy Week, also known as the Great Sabbath, Black Saturday, or Easter Eve,[1] and called "Joyous Saturday" or "the Saturday of Light" among Coptic Christians, is the day after Good Friday. It is the day before Easter and the last day of Holy Week in which Christians prepare for Easter. It commemorates the day that Jesus Christ's body lay in the tomb and the Harrowing of Hell."

A not insignificant day. 

Maybe it's no coincidence that I saw Jesus fly by on his bike yesterday. He was there in a flash and then he was gone. He was heading South on the main boulevard. I was heading North.

I was lost in my own head, tripping down the avenue, and caught a glimpse of him out of the corner of my eye. Sometimes weeks go by and no Jesus. And then sometimes you get a cluster of sightings. 

This time, no cat. Where does that cat go when he's not hanging with Jesus? 

Can't be positive about this, (they say eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable), but I think Jesus has a smart phone. And ear-buds. Not surprising. I mean, I guess, it would be more unusual if he didn't have a smart phone. Jesus in America. 

Jesus on the mainline.

Blog Archive