Faux Fu

Friday, January 20, 2017

January 20, 2017 - Inauguration Day - A Day of Mourning in America!


January 20, 2017. Inauguration Day. I have heard it may rain in Washington D.C. today. I hope so. It would really be quite appropriate -  a cold, steady, hard rain.

We are in mourning around here today. A certain American idea is dying a little bit today. Hopefully, only a little bit, but dying is dying.

We don't elect a Ruler in America. We elect a President. He (or she) is supposed to be a "servant of the people." Sometimes it works out that way, and sometimes not. It's a powerful position, and this will be the 45th person to fill the office.

I can't imagine a less deserving person to fill the office. As they say you can respect the office, without having to respect the person filling it. This particular man does not command respect. He has basically huffed & puffed his way into the job; insulting Americans of all genders, races, creeds, and colors. He has insulted legitimate American heroes - John Lewis (civil right's hero), John McCain (Vietnam POW), the Parents of a fallen Bronze Star Muslim American Soldier.

So I guess in that way, this new version of President is quite unique - he brings people together by insulting them! I believe the vast sea of humanity that has been insulted by this man shall unite! A Movement of the Insulted!

I refuse to say or write his name today. If I were to describe him I would use words like this: Confidence Man,  the Short-Fingered Vulgarian, Big Little Baby Man, a Foul-Mouthed Bully. Not a man inclined to work hard to earn our trust. Not exactly a uniting force for good.

So a new day dawns. It feels like death. A death sentence. As Dylan once sang: "They are selling postcards of the hanging..." 

I am usually, congenitally, of an optimistic frame of mind. Looking for the silver lining. So my silver lining: I don't think this new President will last. I expect him to implode. Probably sooner rather than later. 

I just hope as Dylan also sang in the "Day of the Locusts:" - "Well, I was praying the pieces wouldn't fall on me..."

Blog Archive