Faux Fu

Sunday, January 01, 2017

I Vow to Be More Joyful!

2017. An improbable number. Arbitrary. Just a number. Not a lot of meaning in that number. Just a way to keep score.

The first day of the new year. And what's a year? "One revolution of the earth around the sun."

So here we are. What to do? I don't know about you, but I vow to seek to be more joyful, eat more chocolate, meditate more often, to think, to listen, to play more music, to sing, to write new songs, to create.

To carry on with heart and soul. And try to enjoy the things I enjoy. To endure. To deepen my heart. To be compassionate. To try to understand. 

To not get too pissed off. To try to be realistic and happy too. To find pleasure in little things. To look around. To smell the coffee. To not let others dictate my level of happiness.

As Zadie Smith recommends: "Regret everything, and always live in the past."

Just kidding! 

Blog Archive