Faux Fu

Monday, June 20, 2016

Various & Random

Various, random thoughts/questions swirling in my head yesterday...

1. Can a Universe get tired, weary, overburdened, run-down, cranky?

2. There are stretches of vast beauty in the land. And stretches of terrible blight. Much of our heartland seems like the "Land of the Left Behind." Burned out. Abandoned, run-down. No visible means of sustainability. Dead zones. 

3. Reality is big and complicated. Contradictory. Is it possible that everything is not as good as it used to be? Or is that just the reflection of being seasoned, I mean, relatively old?

4. It's good to get out of the neighborhood. It's funny when people say things like: "You're not from around here, are you?" 

5. When someone from "over there" asks you: "Are you from California?" They don't mean it as a compliment.

6. Everything sounds better on the radio. Especially if they are playing a song from your latest record!

7. Robert Plant's "Lullaby and the Ceaseless Roar" is such a great album. Perfect road music. Plant really continues to do the good work. In fact, I'd say his late career music is as good as anything out there in the music-verse.

8. Pretzel roll! I have found my new love. My friend tells me they are so "last year." But I have fallen in love with pretzel rolls. I don't care if I'm late to the party, or missed it all together. I say "Pretzel roll!"

Blog Archive