Faux Fu

Thursday, May 19, 2016

I Don't Like the Lying!

I had sort of a "deja vu" experience yesterday. I was confronted by a figure of authority, although to be honest, this particular authority was not very authoritative. And this "confrontation" which wasn't really a confrontation, more just a meeting, was uncomfortable, and weird, and it made me really unsure about the encounter/experience.

I said to myself, "What is that feeling?!"

And I realized it really was a feeling I used to feel all the time. In another time and place. I used to work at a company with a cast of real bad characters. And there were all these strutting, ego-balloons, figures of authority who used to lie to me all the time. They lied to everyone. But especially to their employees.

I was lied to my face all the time. It was a daily occurrence. And it was always uncomfortable, and frustrating, and disappointing. So yesterday, this same feeling came over me in the face of this tin-pot authority. This guy was lying to my face. He could hardly look at me while he did it. And it made me super-uncomfortable. I realize I can usually tell when someone is lying to me, and I don't like it.

Not at all.

Blog Archive