Faux Fu

Friday, February 12, 2016

Willy Loman School of Doubt!

Why am I doubting the guy that's telling me exactly what I want to hear? Why am I doubting the guy I agree with? Why?

Good question. 

When I hear someone telling me exactly what I want to hear, I'm suspicious. He may not be pandering to me, maybe he's just telling me exactly what he thinks and believes with his heart and soul, but maybe it sounds too much like the narrative inside my head.

So really, my doubts about the guy, are actually doubts about myself. I think that someone who thinks like me can't really succeed. Not in the country that I know so well. Man, this is like being a member of the "Willy Loman School of Doubt." Failure is our middle name.

So yes, failure hangs over this guy, even as he stands on stage bathing in applause, even as they tote up his recent successes. I don't believe. I don't. I like what he's saying, but I just don't see it...

Blog Archive