Faux Fu

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Stuck on Doing

You heard the words earlier in the week. A piece of "spiritual advice," that you've heard before, but earlier this week, it sort of hit home, "Being, not doing." This is so counter to my day to day mode.

I have found salvation in doing. Always doing. Always. I suppose, I choose to interpret this advice by thinking that even being, can be a sort of doing. At least that's how I've tried to finesse it for myself.

Last night. In the wee hours. Deep sleep. The words came to me again. They actually woke me up. "Being, not doing." So you think to yourself, "This is important!" When a phrase sort of hovers over you and haunts you, maybe you should take notice?

So, is it just "existing" I should be leaning to? That really doesn't seem to be enough. I am stuck. Stuck on doing. Maybe my being can be a sort of doing? Sitting and doing nothing. Doing just by being?

Blog Archive