Faux Fu

Monday, January 18, 2016

Remembering the Future!

I'm reading Patti Smith's "M Train," now. More about it later. But it's funny, before I started reading it, I was riding in a taxi, looking out the window, and I remarked to my friend, "What if everything is memory? The past, the present, the future. What if everything is a memory?"

And then I started reading Patti's book, and there's a passage early in the book with the same thought. And I was sort of startled. I mean, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, the book could very well be called, "Memory Train," and it's about how our lives are overstuffed with memories. We are always recalling what we recall.

But still, I realized that I thought the thought, and then I read the thought, in that order. Maybe I was remembering what I was going to read in the future?!

Blog Archive