Faux Fu

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Kanye - The Seventh Beatle?!

Has the worm turned on Kanye? I don't know. Love him/hate him. You can find lots of people who will line up in both camps. (Lou Reed is in the "love him" camp). And isn't he is flirting with disaster at every turn? You can't ride the Pop Culture wave forever. And if too many cameras and eyes are focused on you, aren't you finally rendered completely ridiculous? And if you plunge into the tabloid world, aren't you for sure, sullied, dirtied and rendered unserious?

I don't know. But I do love this. Kayne and the Beatles. Mashed up! From the Tutankhamun Brothers. I know it's not a new idea, it's been done before (Jay-Z), but to my ears this is brilliant, funny and superb... in a perfect world, Kanye would have been the 5th Beatle (no that would be George Martin), okay, the 6th Beatle (no that would be Billy Preston), okay how about the 7th Beatle? In Shade of Black!
 

Blog Archive