Faux Fu

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Waring Blender Theater

Every time I work on a theatrical-type piece I start seeing connections everywhere. Maybe there's something about concentrating really intensely on one thing, that then expands out into the larger world?

I'm always mixing philosophical musings with Pop Cultural clap-track and seeing what happens.

It's a strange modus operandi, but one that comes naturally to me. This time around my collaborator, The Lovely Carla, is bringing not only her incredible stage presence, but she's bringing a monologue and a "prayer" that will be a big part of the whole thing.

So her offerings go into the Waring Blender of creation too. Add in my latest obsession with Iggy Pop and the music of Queen, along with a smidgen of Beckett-esque dialogue, and top of the head, stream of consciousness rants and you have 25 mins of Black Forest.

So now, I'm in the mode of everywhere I look, there's Iggy, there's Queen, and lines from the piece seem to resonate everywhere I walk. Strange.

Blog Archive