Faux Fu

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It is a Wonderful Life

Many of us visualized this day. And improbably, unbelievably, I mean, holy shit, it is here. Mr. Obama Goes to Washington.

I read last night that Cheney will be attending the Inauguration in a wheelchair. I do believe Mr. Cheney is chanelling Lionel Barrymore in "It's a Wonderful Life." What a creepy, decrepit soul.

And Barack is our multi-cultural Jimmy Stewart. All eyes will be on that man. I can't imagine what that kind of all-consuming focus and intention must feel like. Still, Barack seems like he was born for this moment.

All hell is breaking loose in the world. You couldn't find a better time for such a refreshing, healing personality. Strangely, it is not just what he does, but who he is, and maybe we all expect too much, but too much is what we need.

And I'm sure Barack Obama can handle it. I'm thinking he's got his own Zuzu's petals hidden somewhere in a secret pocket.

UPDATE: Hey maybe this is a little sappy, but sometimes sappy is just right. Art Garfunkel's finest moment works just fine for me today.

When youre down and out,
When you're on the street,
When evening falls so hard
I will comfort you.


Blog Archive