Faux Fu

Monday, January 05, 2009

Bohemian Cacaphony

I didn't watch much football either Pro or College over the holidays. I did watch a little of the USC vs Penn State scrimmage in the Rose Bowl. I marveled at the vivid, sparkling colors, the sun and the warm weather in Pasadena. These images brought back memories of some of the good times I've had in nearby Arcadia, CA betting on the ponies in the shadow of the mountains.

I've always had a sort of California state of mind.

Anyway the highlight of the game for me was at half-time. The Penn State marching band had an elaborate set, with sophisticated choreography. Blaring horns, high-stepping cheerleaders, batons flying high. They did a Queen medley. Yes, I kid you not. Queen. Freddy Mercury, Brian May. Very funny. And sounded pretty good too.

Bohemian Rhapsody in all it's horny (every horn in the book) glory. Anyway it's Monday, 2009. Here's Freddy doing it live. It's a weird version with some DVD issues. Makes it even more kitschy, me thinks.

Blog Archive