A must read from Chalmers Johnson:
"There is, I believe, only one solution to the crisis we face. The American people must make the decision to dismantle both the empire that has been created in their name and the huge, still growing military establishment that undergirds it. It is a task at least comparable to that undertaken by the British government when, after World War II, it liquidated the British Empire. By doing so, Britain avoided the fate of the Roman Republic -- becoming a domestic tyranny and losing its democracy, as would have been required if it had continued to try to dominate much of the world by force."
Two wars and counting! Big Dick and Little Bush are itching for more. Anyone for dismantling an empire? How would that play in Iowa, in New Hampshire? As Nick Lowe wrote, and the other Elvis once sang, "what's so funny about peace, love and understanding?" Who will step up to the plate?
- ► 2020 (189)
- ► 2019 (364)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- Art Brut - Charismatics! New Pic Too!
- Moondog's Corner - Center of the Universe
- Life Raft
- Elvis and Dylan
- "authorized and ordered crimes of torture to be ca...
- Life - I recommend it!
- Murdering Mother Nature or "Oedipus. You can't ha...
- Wake Up and Smell the Roses
- Turning Guns to Butter!? (or how about "I can't be...
- Torture Logic!
- "He Lifts Me Up!" - The Belfast Cowboy
- Dancing on the Precipice
- The Cow Jumped Over the Moon...
- The Ghost of Jeff Buckley
- Let It Rock...
- The Drunken Monkey in Your Head
- Disinterested Ongoingness of Everything
- Just because he says it, doesn't make it so...
- Sweet Smell of Success
- I Don't Believe in Superman...but...
- On the Road
- ▼ October (22)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)