Faux Fu

Thursday, March 15, 2007

"I Don't Know What I'm Talking About, I'm Trapped In This Body And Can't Get Out." - Thom Yorke, Radiohead

I'm in two bands. I find this a very happy circumstance. We have a show tonight, (both bands are on the bill), and it's all for a good cause, Rock the Cure. If you'd like to give your ears a glimpse of some of the music on tap, check out these sites:

White Wolf & Sonic Princess
TarHead (a combo of two bands, Tarpit & Head Lice!)
The Telepaths

There's also an all-girl hula-hoop group performing between and during some of the acts. If you've never seen them, you don't know nothing bout hula-hooping:

The HoopaFreaks

If you're in Chicago tonight, come by and say hello: Silvies Lounge

The White Wolf & Sonic Princess is my glorious collaboration with the Lovely Carla. We're kind of a jazzy little duo, tonight featuring my brother (Bacchus Blue) on harmonica. Not sure how to categorize our stuff. I love Carla's vocals and poetry. I do my best to keep up on guitar.

The Telepaths have been more legend (this band needs a VH1 Behind the Music episode!), than band, but with a lot of persistance and high-decibel practice, we've actually rounded into quite a tight little outfit. Think LOUD, RAUCOUS, ROCK & ROLL. We are A Motley Crew (not THE Motley Crue). We have a great Esprit D' Corp. We actually like to play together and well, hell, it shows. Plus we have excellent collateral matierial (t-shirts, buttons, posters).

The Telepaths are:
Cory H. on bass and vocals - a real R&R Star.
Peter V. on drums - think Keith Moon, John Bonham and Karen Carpenter all rolled into one heavy-handed, sweet-souled drummer.
TPM , Lead Vocals - imagine a combination of Johnny Rotten, Tony Bennet, Mariah Carey, and Al Jolson (plus, don't forget the King)?
sunnyjimmy on guitar and vocals - if my guitar stays in tune, I'm gonna be alright!

The Telepaths are the guys Brittany was hanging with when she got buzzed and tatooed up. Also, it was the Telepaths who gave Paris Hilton her first video camera (we thought it would be a good hobby?!). It was the Telepaths who set up John Entwhistle with two hookers and two lines of coke in Vegas, what better way to unwind? I mean, (what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas) who was gonna know?

Talk about bad influences.

Blog Archive