Faux Fu

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Modulation, Delay, Reverb

Yesterday, I submerged into a world of my own making. I spent the day at Peter Jones Studio, working with a colleague, hanging a DVD projector for our show, Free Henry Goodbar, Telepath. This was not an easy task. It took a lot of "step by step" patience, not one of my strong suits. We worked for a few hours, took a break for lunch, and finished up in the late afternoon. Then, I was on my own. I set up my guitar and amp and played for a few hours. I came up with a new chord progression, and a shimmering new sound, I played this new "configuration," for hours. To my ears, it was mesmerizing. I lost all sense of time and place, I was lost in the moment of a "new thing." I found a place of "creativity;" a private circle, all-consuming, so simple, all alone, the chords, the sounds washing over me, I worked the strings on my guitar until my fingers ached. I think there is a chord, a sound, a word, that can change us forever. I found myself, in the funhouse, lost in the search.

Blog Archive