Faux Fu

Sunday, July 31, 2005

"And so the Story Begins..." - The Siren from "Free Henry Goodbar, Telepath."

Stepping out. Our great little adventure begins. Later today, we will be boarding a plane, and if all goes well, we should be breakfasting in Dublin tomorrow morning. Yesterday, we started packing bags, made decisions on what's essential and what's not... Dylan's "Live in 1966," Neil Young's "Greendale," the Donnie Darko soundtrack, Sigur Ros (the white one), The Who "Live at Leeds,"...essential... everything else...well the question is: "will it fit?"

Plus, lots of t-shirts, underwear, socks, and sweaters. We're figuring it's gonna be cooler "over the pond." And I've got lots of equipment to lug: my acoustic guitar (the Telepath's "Unplugged!"), my video camera (we're filming everything!), a DVD projector (essential to the play!), and a brand-new digital camera (I'm hoping to capture the magic!).

I'm bringing a couple of books: "Like the Night" (Bob Dylan and the road to the Manchester Free Trade Hall) by C.P. Lee - (more Dylanology) and "The Phenomenology of the Social World," by Alfred Schutz (I'm hoping this will help me to find a "sleep state," on the plane).

I intend to blog from the road (we'll see). The world beckons...we're ready to embrace it, and give it a deep soul kiss! It all has the feel of "destiny." I wonder what's in store for us over there? As Paul Bowles might say, "Let it come down!"

Blog Archive