Faux Fu

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Dreaming of Richard

"I Want to be Sedated,' three chords of glory. Everything clicked yesterday, I went 'on the road,' with my business collegue and we took care of business at Cook County and the Museum of Science and Industry, we lunched in China Town. I was relaxed and 'in the flow.' Later the tribes gathered at Peter Jones, we did a loose and happy line-through of 'Goodbar,' in preparation for our closing weekend. Then Pat, Noel and I 'jammed in the black forest,' (Noel and I on guitar, Pat armed with microphone). We sounded rough and trashy. I love banging away on my Telecaster (it plays like a dream). I was the last to leave, I cued up Otis Redding's 'Dock of the Bay,' and let the sound wash over me. A smiling Richard Nixon hovered over the set, silent, frozen in black and white.

Blog Archive