Faux Fu

Monday, April 17, 2023

You Either Laugh or Cry...

Woke up to a fresh coat of snow this morning. I had to laugh, I mean a full belly-laugh, out-loud. You know, finally, you either laugh or cry. First thought: "You must be freaking kidding!" Last week it was 83 degrees and brilliant sunshine, today, gray, cold, sloppy, snowy. I wear the weather like a cloak. If there is a Director, which, like I said, (see previous post), is not required, not needed, her theme song must come from the Steve Miller Band:

"...I'm a picker, I'm a grinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I play my music in the sun
I'm a joker, I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight toker
I sure don't want to hurt no one…"

Right. It's all just entertainment, even if it's not always entertaining.

Oh yeah, about that Director, she is surely "The Pompatus of Love." What is a pompatus? Turns out it is a word that Steve Miller made up.  A nonce word: "A nonce word (also called an occasionalism) is a lexeme created for a single occasion to solve an immediate problem of communication."

Perfect. Oh Steve, what a card...

Blog Archive