Faux Fu

Saturday, July 09, 2022

Art & Light...

Gravitating to Art & Light...

Sure. That has been my modus operandi since a very, very young age. How to explain it? I don't know. An accident of birth and character? Early on I discovered I loved to read, I was pretty much hooked after sinking into Robert Louis Stevenson's "Treasure Island." Reading that novel fired up my imagination and transformed my life.

Ever since it has been a long road of reading, listening to music, playing music, writing plays, stories & poems, watching film, going to art shows and theater performances. Seeking the artistic insights anywhere I could. I always felt out of synch with the world around me. My tribe was always "other," some other place and time. There is a long list of artistic figures that loomed in my own personal mythology: Dylan, Van Gogh, Picasso, Warhol, Patti Smith, Kerouac, Lennon, Neil Young, Ray Charles, David Foster Wallace, Melville, Vonnegut, Bukowski, Howlin Wolf, Muddy Waters, Nick Cave, Sam Shepard, Jimi Hendrix, Henry Miller, Arthur Miller, Stanley Kubrick, John Huston, Miles Davis, Orson Welles, Shakespeare, John & Alice Coltrane, Da Vinci, Jean Genet, Duchamp, Yoko Ono, Samuel Beckett, Harold Pinter, Magritte, The Who, The Stones, The Kinks, Jeff Tweedy & Wilco.

You know, lots of folks made their mark on me, and continue to do so. I'm never alone. Never bored. Always inspired. I can easily go down the rabbit hole seeking Art and Light, and lose myself. Beautiful inspiration.

Blog Archive