Faux Fu

Saturday, July 10, 2021

A Battle for the Body & Soul of Jimmy

Yesterday, Dumps and Sunny were in a battle for the body and soul of Jimmy. You know, it's crowded around here. I think I was feeling the effects of a super-hot and humid day, 2 days previous, so, you know, I was dehydrated to the max, feeling, sketchy, arbitrary, ephemeral, and the Great Unseen Hand had a firm grip on my skull and was pressing down on me like the Vise of Doom. I turned to some aspirin and Electrolytes, and drank plenty of liquids. Still, I was "out of sorts" pretty much all day, I did make it thru, and by the evening, slowly, but surely, Dumps faded away, and Sunny emerged unrivaled and unscathed.

Totally Sunny this a.m. The Vise has lifted, the Unseen Hand has vanished. I feel hydrated and ready to face the day with a renewed enthusiasm. Of course, the coffee helps, and a nice, long, restful sleep did wonders. Amazing how you can bounce, when you think bouncing is impossible.  So, well, the sun has burst thru the clouds this a.m. so I am feeling with it, back "in sorts," in-line with the day. I wonder what this new day will bring?

Blog Archive