Faux Fu

Monday, March 04, 2019

Energized & Inspired!

It's funny
some folks
when they listen
to Stephen Morrissey
and the Smiths
words like
melancholic and miserable
come to mind.

Those aren't my words.

When I listen to the Smiths

(for instance: "Louder than Bombs"
"The Queen is Dead," "Strangeways
Here We Come" & "Meat is Murder"
loaded into the CD 
carousel on random-play)

I hear melody, rhythm,
shimmering,
beautiful,
thrilling
intelligent
Johnny Marr
guitar wizardry
and
powerful
rock & roll.

Also uncommonly
brilliant lyrics,
perfectly composed
and delivered by
Mr. Morrissey.

Gorgeous music
gorgeous words.

Whenever I listen
to the Smiths,
I can't help it,
I wonder,
can great music
make you a better
person?

More intelligent?
More empathetic?

Who knows?!

I am deeply energized,
and inspired
by their music.

Works every time.

Blog Archive