Faux Fu

Friday, November 20, 2015

Stuck on Wonder!

Aging. It happens to everything/everyone. You get older. Although, I like to think that really it's just our experience that is getting longer.  

That Dylan lyric rings in my head: "I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now." And it's true. I feel younger than ever. Less sure, less set in my ways.

The things I was so sure about as a youngster, I no longer feel sure about. So much is tentative, everything is on the bubble.

I am much more comfortable saying "I don't know." To all life's certainties. Not sure there are any certainties. Oh yes, there's death and taxes. But there is the great cloud of unknowing and exemptions. Don't forget exemptions! 

So much of what goes through my head now is not definitive, not assured, not certain. I am open. Open head, open door... I wonder. About everything... that's kind of a young thing that I'm stuck on.

Blog Archive