Faux Fu

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Marilyn Monroe Quotes Milton!

Kim Morgan is probably my favorite "movie critic." She has a free-range mind. She sees what she wants to see and writes about what moves or touches her. She is not a "consumer guide" critic, or a movie industry flak or cheerleader.

Just a very intelligent, sensitive, knowledgable soul who loves movies. She always has something interesting to say about the movies she loves. Makes you more intelligent just by reading her. And I seek out films she writes about - her taste is exquisite.

This birthday tribute to Marilyn Monroe totally blew me away.  Marilyn, the sex goddess, writes beautifully, poetically, tragically. I thought I knew the woman, the myth, but of course, now I don't think I ever really knew her at all.

MM quotes John Milton: "The Happy Ones were never born."

The opening paragraph of her letter to her psychiatrist is beautiful, heart-breaking...

"Just now when I looked out the hospital window where the snow had covered everything suddenly everything is kind of a muted green. The grass, shabby evergreen bushes -- though the trees give me a little hope -- the desolate bars branches promising maybe there will be spring and maybe they promise hope." 

Blog Archive