Faux Fu

Friday, March 13, 2015

Positive/Negative - You Choose!

I could go into specifics to kind of illustrate my point, but let me instead talk in generalities to kind of make a broader point.

Have you ever had something go wrong? Really wrong? Or have something happen to you that you just knew was bad, that seemed to be a terrible step back, or a really unfortunate occurrence? 

And then, it turns out, it was really a fortunate event? That what you thought was so wrong or bad, now seems so right or good?

Now maybe it's just a trick of the mind, a lie of consciousness, where we can turn that lemon into lemonades, or maybe anything that happens is then hard to tell whether it's good or bad, or maybe nothing is good or bad, it just is, and then we must deal with it.

We judge a situation, or event, before the actual ramifications become clear. Is this just all rationalization? Is it just a test of our character, the flexibility of our minds, to navigate the world?

I don't know. I do know that certain events have recently happened to me that seemed to be really negative, and then well, all the ramifications as time rolled out turned out to be quite positive. So the initial event, was it a negative or positive occurrence? 

I guess we get to decide. And maybe we have a lifetime to decide. 

Blog Archive