Faux Fu

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Each Day a Little Deeper!

Did I ever think myself invincible? Not exactly. Although, for a time, as a young one, I acted as if death and old age were not for me. But, maybe it was more of thinking myself invisible. I could or would not be seen when the worst things happened.

I would see and hear of terrible things befalling other people, but somehow, some way, I would skate. I wouldn't fall or falter.

I don't think of things that way anymore. And maybe that's what life does to you. You live and realize that you are subject and object. All things that happen, can, and will, happen to you too.

Now a days I feel pretty vulnerable, expendable, temporary. I see my existence as sort of like an elaborate dance on bubbles. And those bubbles can pop at any moment. I can step in and out at any moment. And really that's always how it has been. 

It's just that now I feel it, know it, deep in my bones. And this knowledge makes each day a little deeper.

Blog Archive