Faux Fu

Monday, April 04, 2011

What Engages?!

The last few days, our little music video has elicited a range of responses including: funny, dark, menacing, silly, insensitive, catchy, dazzlingly playful, well-intentioned, somber, and in bad taste.

I strongly believe in following the creative impulse, even if that impulse leads you over a cliff. In fact, I'd say that's my main working method when it comes to our theater work with Black Forest.

I've always gone with the idea that if something totally engages me, it may engage someone else too. I haven't always been proven right on this idea, but hell, you have to draw your lines in the sand somewhere.

What engages? Human hopes, human fears, and the working out of that humanness in the world...

A wacky little blast of madness, triggered by real world events...


Blog Archive