Faux Fu

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"Wow, let's do it again..."

You do an event like the Lennon Bash, and it's smiles all around, and everyone in the neighborhood is buzzing, and you are feeling flush with vibes of success, you are riding a cloud, and then you think, "Wow, let's do it again!"

Not so easy. I mean, Lennon's next big birthday would be in about 30 years, probably won't be around for that one, and if I am, maybe you can just scoop me up in a tin can and put me on stage?

And there's no one else quite in the Lennon spectrum. I mean, there's Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Hank Williams, but each of them is kind of a narrower thing - not as much "consensus" about their impact and value on the culture.

Lennon and the Beatles certainly stand on a unique mountain-top. I mean, my good friend Mr. Mo. suggested a Harry Nillson night. And yes, I get it, I love Harry, he has an incredible catalog of songs. But I just don't think it will have the Lennon-like impact we all just experienced...

Blog Archive