Faux Fu

Friday, July 20, 2007

Dopplegangers with Wings


The Lovely Carla and I live with two little cockatiels. They are two little souls that we've kind of bonded with over the years. They are strange little creatures, all feather and air. They're chirping like mad this morning. Something's in the air. Sometimes you just don't know why they're happy and content, and why they're not. I do know they like opera or jazz vs. rock and roll. They are not fans of The Who, or Rage Against the Machine. When I indulge, it's best if I put on headphones. We let them live most of the time "out of the cage," which is our favorite mode too. The fly, they walk around on the floor, they hide under the bed. They like to chew on stuff. We have a whole routine with them, in the morning they like to hang with lovely Carla in the sun room, look out the window, watch the dogs and people and birds flying in the blue sky. Later they like to be in the kicthen when we have lunch or dinner. They like to eat when we eat. It's like we're all part of the same flock. We clip their wings, but they're still good flyers...kind of like us too...the more I look at these two little birds, the more I see myself and the lovely Carla too...sometimes the boy (Boy - Boy) sits on the chair like a little man. Sometimes we find them on our bed. The boy sits on my pillow, the girl sits on the Lovely Carla's...it's kind of like they are our dopplegangers...dopplegangers with wings!

Blog Archive