Faux Fu

Friday, June 23, 2006

A Soy Bath

I walked a little old lady across the street this morning. Somehow I was at the right place, at the right time to do a good deed. A good act that made me feel good. If only it was always so simple. Usually things start getting complicated real quick. Sometimes it's hard to define what's good, what's bad, or maybe what you thought was good, leads to something bad, or the other way around. There's supposedly this Karma Train that rewards the good and the bad, but sometimes it's hard to find any evidence of the tracks...

So, I do my good deed, and go get a coffee, I'm walking down this alley, I've got my cell phone in one hand, and iced latte in the other - talk about the modern condition, I'm thinking to myself, "you're juggling two things at once here, don't drop your drink!" My phone is on the fritz, it's not working correctly, the ear piece thingy works only intermittently, I'm futzing with the thing, I bobble my drink and it falls to ground in one big splash; my phone is drenched in iced, venti, soy latte. So, I chalk it up to my own incompetance. I get home, sponge the phone down, and find now that it's working perfectly. Could a soy bath be the miracle cure for touchy cell phones? I don't have a definitive answer, just the concrete evidence. Does this have anything to do with string theory, divine providence, the rules of karma, or the Bavarian Illuminati?

Blog Archive