Faux Fu

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

"I still haven't found what I'm looking for..." - U2

That lyric was dancing in my head this morning. Never really thought the line was all that musical, but I've always endorsed the sentiment. My days lately have seemed like an extended, "search," for something, but in my case, not only have I not found what I'm looking for, but I don't even know what I'm looking for. It's an odd existence, but I call it "mine."

So, I'm on the hunt, looking out for anything that might "grab" me. I'm the hunter and inexplicably, the hunted. Kind of like in that early 1960's show, "The Fugitive." A man (a cultured man) on the run from the law, falsely accused, (he looked guilty of something!) seeking out an elusive truth, which dances in front of him, and continually evades him from episode to episode. Think also, "The Fugitive Kind," (T. Williams - Brando in a snakeskin jacket!)...that's the ticket.

So the fugitive, the seeker, is on the run...is he running to or from?!

Blog Archive