Faux Fu

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Jello in a Hurricane

The strangeness continues... the light bulb is out again (in the dark) plus, I just wrote a post about the Abbie Hoffman fest, I got up to get another cup of coffee, come back and it's gone...

So, anyway, here goes again. The Lovely Carla and I played to a packed house at the Mary-Arhcie theater last night. It was a rousing performance at the Abbie Hoffman Died for Our Sins Fest. It was strange and intimidating, just the two of us, (for the last year we've been part of an incredible group, the Goodbar Cast), playing to a live audience (no net). We were well-rehearsed, but we were both nervous as hell (might as well use it). My hand trembled so badly, the martini glass in my hand shook like a plate of jello in a hurricane.

I opened the show with a personal anti-war rant, dedicated to Abbie Hoffman and to my father. It was odd standing in front of an audience without a mask. Weird, strangely uncomfortable. The audience whooped in support, thunderous applause. A great kick. Then we did the "Dino and Sheila Show," scenes from my play "Dino vs. the Black Swan." I introduced it as a "battle of the sexes." It was silly, obscene. The laugher came frequently, we were not prepared for the laughter!

We do it again this morning...

Blog Archive