Faux Fu

Monday, April 11, 2005

The Leisure Suit

Yesterday was Sunny Jimmy's Day of Leisure:
1. Wake up, brew up a pot of coffee, write in my blog (I'm tired, I'm oh so Tired).
2. Draw a hot bath, soak my weary bones, read my Wittgenstein biography (He's a genius, he's oh so miserable, oh, yes, he's such a miserable genius!)
3. Dim Sum at Furama. A group of friends. A big round table. Munch, munch, munch: one dumpling, two dumplings, three dumplings, etc. How many dumplings make a meal? Oh Grasshopper, what a silly question!
4. The Lovely Carla and I take a long rambling hike on the lakefront. See the people, oh so many people, who are these people, where are they going, where have they been?
5. Watch the Northwestern Women's LaCrosse Team. Wow, Lacrosse is exciting. See the women run, run women, run. Look how they throw and catch so well with that birdcage thingy?! This is so cool: watching college women in shorts running around on fields of green!
6. Stop in that cool little coffee shop in Downtown Evanston for a hot choclate. So sweet, tastes so good. Can't be bad for you?!
7. Back home fiddle with my guitar and effects board. I fine tune sounds for the upcoming Telepath's gig. (Add a little reverb here, a little feedback there, with a little volume I can bring down a mountain.)
8. Around 6:00 p.m. I crash out on the couch. (That's it I'm gone!)
9. Around 10:00 p.m. the Lovely Carla wakes me up (My body floats over to the bed -- I'm out til 6:45 a.m.)
OK Leisure time is over!

Blog Archive