Wednesday, August 26, 2026

USA: Abnormal Psychology Writ Large...

Folk #1: In college I started out as an English Major, and then, when I found the Forsythe Saga too boring & daunting, I switched my Major to Psychology. Sure, I wanted to be a writer, but then, I rationalized that in order to be a good writer, I needed to study Human Beings, I needed to try to understand myself & others; I needed to know how Human Beings thought, & acted out in the world.  Now maybe I would have learned some of that if I would have stuck with The Forsythe Saga, but I was more into Vonnegut, Kerouac, Hunter S. Thompson, JR. Tolkien, Joseph Heller & Charles Bukowski. Fool kid, what did I know?! So, yeah, today, this morning, still a writer, and still a student of Human Psychology and motivations. 

I do think much of our Politics is actually Abnormal Psychology writ large. What to make of Trump and his relationship with the USA? Trump: the Bully, the Ignoramus, the Racist, the Criminal, the Stooge, the Sexual Predator, the Conman, the Coward, the Liar, the Thief, the Fool, the Fake Strongman, the Fat, Super-unhealthy Body, Mind & Spirit? You could not find a worse Human Being to lead a country. WTF?! 

Trump seems to want to punish us all here in the USA. His fans and followers are locked in a Toxic, Unhealthy, Abusive Marriage. And we all are on the sidelines stuck in the middle of the shit too. It makes no sense, and it is no way to live, but many of our fellow Human Beings are actually quite sick. Trump is all about Hate. I think a large pool of Hatred sits at the core of his being. Everything truly is about him, he thinks he is the center of the Universe, and wants everyone else to think so too, so yes, surely, a raging, toxic Narcissist. But funny enough, I believe he actually really hates himself too. He can never be happy or satisfied. It is Hate & Revenge that drives him. And I think that is true of his staunchest followers too. They are Haters willing to burn the world down, because, they too are unfulfilled, unhappy, looking for enemies & culprits who have caused them pain, when it is their own raging illness that drives them. They want to destroy anything and anyone who offers a different take on Life. It's ugly beyond belief. And it is astonishing that we find ourselves locked in the clammy grip of these Hateful Haters. Hopefully, we can move past this shite, and get to a healthier place. But it may get uglier as Trump's grip over us loosens and disintegrates. Dare I say it, Trump's end will not be good for him. The rest us? We will celebrate! Oh, yeah, and we will have to pick our way through the wreckage and the debris, and try to make a new USA, & get a fix, on a better way forward...