Faux Fu

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Spike Lee School of Spirit

Someone turned to me for some "spiritual advice" yesterday. I dispensed a few nuggets of wisdom - I carry them with me just in case, and then I bathed in the love of affirmation. Even the little dog who happened to be an accidental observer to the scene, looked up at me with soulful eyes brimming over with love and good vibes.

Now don't feel sorry for the person who looked to me as some kind of spiritual guide. She knew everything she needed to know before she sought my counsel. I was just the sounding board for her own inner monologue. I made the right sounds and suddenly everything seemed clearer.

And what was the essence of the words I spoke? It can all be distilled down to the Spike Lee School of Spiritual Guidance: DO THE RIGHT THING!

Blog Archive