Faux Fu

Saturday, February 01, 2014

Atoms for Peace - Skirts or Kilts?


Yes, I really like Thom Yorke's "other cool band," Atoms for Peace. (How is it possible that Thom could be the lead singer and lyricist of two incredibly awesome bands?)  Their record "Amok" has been on my hot play-list for months and months.  But even though I really enjoy the groove of the record, I don't think I really understood how great this band is until I saw it play live in concert.  Thank goodness for You Tube!

Just to see Thom Yorke and Flea jumping around like Mexican Jumping Beans in skirts (or designer kilts?) is so worth it.  I love this band. I love the joy, exuberance and pure adrenaline rush of watching these guys totally get into playing together.  Just wow! Here's their complete set in Austin. Amazing!





Blog Archive